World Appeal is is growing at a very fast pace since our doors opened in 2011. We are now looking for a experienced fundraising manager to help us move to the next level. if you fell you have the right skill and experience get in touch today and send us your cv to email@example.com.
Job Openings at World Appeal:
Job Title: Fundraising Manager
Depending on the role, a fundraising manager will:
- Recruit, organise and inspire volunteers
- Research fundraising opportunities and write grant applications to charitable trusts or statutory bodies
- Build relationships with major donors or companies and make presentations
- Manage information and record the profile and fundraising activity of donors on a database
- Manage their own budget and ensure that targets are met
- Account handling: ensuring major donors or companies are happy with their donation scheme (such as a charity of the year partnership) and are kept informed of progress and milestones
- Devise and organise fundraising campaigns, events and door to door collections
- Spot fundraising opportunities and raise awareness of the organisation’s work
Fundraising managers need excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. They need to be good at researching and devising strategies and opportunistically taking advantage of donation possibilities. Fundraising managers must be adept at people management, building long-term relationships with potential donors or volunteers and persuasively explaining their charity’s cause. The ability to manage budgets and hit fundraising targets are important, as are organisational and IT skills. An interest in, and commitment to, the cause you are raising money for is essential.
First degrees are often desired. But career qualifications are more sought after. Sector body the Institute of Fundraising awards qualifications such as the Certificate in Fundraising and the Diploma in Fundraising.
Relevant experience (Essential)
A minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising is often required for a fundraising manager, but prior experience in areas such as sales or marketing can act as a substitute. For legacy fundraisers, experience in law or accountancy helps. However, knowledge of the charity sector and the particular cause area you are aiming to work in, is essential. If you don’t already have voluntary sector experience, consider volunteering.
Salary is dependent on experience
If your application is successful you will have a short phone interview followed by an interview.
Note: If you do not hear back from us within four weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has not progressed to the next stage of the application process.
Job Title: Volunteer
As a fundraising volunteer, you will be given the opportunity to get involved in some really rewarding activities, where you can meet new people, gain new skills and experience, while helping raise vital funds for our work with children and young people.
If you want to raise funds for a World Appeal project whether a skydive, mountain trek, a bike run or simply prefer to sell cakes or street collections please do let us know or alternatively please visit our page below and start your own fundraising for these great causes.